- Any current student, staff member, faculty member or building administrator that dies during the year will be recognized in the school media.
- The media will publish factual information (date of birth, date of death, survivors, organizations, hobbies, interests) in a 300-word obituary including one mug shot if possible in The Eagle Eye and eagleeye.news.
- The school media will work to obtain permission from the deceased’s family before publishing any information regarding the cause of death, if permission is not granted, the editorial board reserves the final say in publication of cause of death. Suicide will not be listed as a cause of death.
- The school media will treat all deaths in a tasteful, respectful way.
- An issue, or portion of an issue, should not be dedicated to or in memory of the deceased.
Last modified: Sunday, April 9, 2017, 6:42 PM