Letters to the Editor & Online Comments
REGARDING LETTERS TO THE EDITOR AND ONLINE COMMENTS
- Letters to editor will be printed in the opinion section of the newspaper or on the website.
- Guidelines to write letters to the editor will be printed every issue in the opinion section of the paper and available online at EagleEye.news
- Letters to the editor may be submitted to Mrs. Falkowski's mailbox, room 236 or emailed at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Letters to editor should not exceed 300 words, must be signed and must include writers address and phone number for verification.
- Letters to the editor will be verified by a member of the editorial board to determine the authenticity of the writer.
- No material will be printed where content is obscene, invasive of others’ privacy, encouraging physical disruption of school activities, and/or implies libel.
- The MSD Media editorial board reserves the right to withhold a letter or column or other submission and/OR return it for revision if it contains unprotected speech or grammatical errors that could hamper its meaning. Deadlines for letters and columns will be determined by each year’s student staff, allowing sufficient time for verification of authorship prior to publication.
- The Eagle Eye will only publish one letter, per author, per issue.
- All letters to the editor become the property of the school newspaper upon receipt and will not be returned to the author.
- Online comments will require a name and email address submitted that are verifiable.
- Online comments will automatically post.
- Alerts will be sent to staff editors each time a comment is posted to the site.
- Online comments that are found in violation of the editorial policy will be removed as quickly as possible.
- Personal attacks are not allowed.
Last modified: Monday, April 10, 2017, 7:26 PM