- Social media will be used to promote MSD media, to promote published content and to engage the MSD community.
- The editorial board reserves the right to remove comments that violate any provisions hitherto outlined by this policy.
- Information posted on social media platforms should be held to the same standard as all other reporting in terms of information gathering and fact checking.
- The official social media accounts should avoid promotion of events and remain objective, reporting what is fact. Reporters using personal social media to cover events should do the same.
- Information gained through social media channels should be verified through multiple channels before passing it along to others.
- Audience engagement through social media should be done in a professional manner.
- Staff members using applications to post updates to social media accounts should have separate applications for their personal account and for the school media accounts. This will limit the chance of a post being sent from the wrong account.
- Transparency is important. Mistakes made on social media posts should be corrected as soon as possible and any deleted posts should be acknowledged in subsequent postings.
Last modified: Monday, April 10, 2017, 7:26 PM