- The Eagle Eye discourages the use of anonymous sources except when the story cannot otherwise be done.
- Certain circumstances may call for the use of anonymous sources, like when naming the the source will cause him/her to suffer retribution from an employer, or family, friends or acquaintances or when the source may face physical harm if named.
- All efforts will be made to have every source be "on the record."
- Student reporters will consider a source's motives and consult with editors before promising anonymity.
- Student reporters will protect a source's anonymity and will not reveal their identity to other students, faculty, administration or community members.
Last modified: Monday, April 10, 2017, 7:26 PM