I NEED A PICTURE... NOW WHAT?
- Go to the MCT Campus Website
- Find the photo that you need for your story
- Login with our publication's login to download it (See Mrs. Falkowski for the login information)
- You MUST give proper credit for any photo or graphic that is used from MCT Campus. The information is available in the caption that accompanies the photo. See the example in the MCT Campus Terms and Conditions of Use below.
How do I find visuals?
- Search by keyword with the search bar at the top of each page.
- Search by keyword on the Search page.
- Check the Visuals section of the site, where the latest visuals are available.
By downloading content from this site, the customer agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- Tribune News Service grants to customer the non-exclusive license to use Tribune News Service content in customer's print or online product, subject to the terms and conditions stated below, in consideration of the fees set forth on the site or, for subscription customers, in the customer's written contract.
- Tribune News Service material may only be used for editorial purposes. It may not be used for advertising or promotional purposes.
- Except as otherwise provided in a customer's agreement, no rights or licenses are granted by Tribune News Service to subscriber. Subscriber agrees that it will not allow any item of content from the service to be indexed by search engines, instructing search-engine crawlers, spiders, or other robots to avoid indexing any item of content from the service.
- Tribune News Service shall in no event be liable for loss or damage arising to customer or any other party by reason of the publication or dissemination of the Tribune News Service material by customer. Tribune News Service shall in no event be liable for loss or damage to customer by reason of nondelivery, delay or interruption in delivery of the Tribune News Service material.
- Customer will not use or cause or allow to be used any of the Tribune News Service material except for one publication of each item thereof in the customer's publication.
- Without limitation, customer will not make or authorize any distribution of the Tribune News Service material by reprinting, broadcast, cable television, videotex, teletext or other means either separately or in conjunction with other material from publication without the prior consent of Tribune News Service. Customer will not assign this agreement or any rights therein without first obtaining the written consent of Tribune News Service.
- Customer will respect all release pledges on advance matter. Customer agrees to publish, with each piece of Tribune News Service material, any credit line and any trademark or copyright notice, or both, that is included with such material.
- The Tribune News Service content placed online by customer shall be credited to Tribune News Service or the content shall bear copyright and trademark notices as Tribune News Service has designated:
All Tribune News Service content used online shall carry the brand name of both Tribune News Service and the originating publication (if any). For text, this would mean using the name of the newspaper in the byline and Tribune News Service in the dateline. For example:
Byline and dateline:
By John Jones
Chicago (Tribune News Service) -- Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their..
End of story/cutline:
© 2017, Chicago Tribune. Distributed by Tribune Content Agency.
Photo and graphic credits shall include the name of the originating publication followed by a slash, then Tribune News Service. For example:
Miami Herald/Tribune News Service
- Subscriber may not change or manipulate the content of a photograph either physically or electronically. Established photo printing methods such as burning, dodging, toning, cropping and minor color adjustments are acceptable. Retouching, electronic or manual, must be limited to the removal of minor scratches or minor image flaws.
- The customer shall not use or permit the use of the services in any way not authorized by these guidelines and shall not distort the substance of or editorial intent of photographs, stories or graphics.
- Customer may use a limited number of pieces of the Tribune News Service content per day. Content cannot be drawn substantially or wholly from a single provider, and cannot be used to create a replica of the Tribune News Service service.
- Tribune News Service content that is used online by customer may not be sold to or through redistributors on a daily or archival basis, either on a piecemeal basis, or as a part of the customer's complete online content.
- Tribune News Service shall have the right to restrict or withhold any material. Tribune News Service shall have the right to immediately revoke the license granted herein.
- Any customer who uses or permits the use of Tribune News Service content in any way not authorized by this license or the specific terms agreed to when an item is purchased will be liable for an additional charge equal to twice the maximum price of each misused story or visual.
- This agreement shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the United States of America, State of Illinois.
- This agreement contains the entire understanding of the parties concerning the Tribune News Service material. It supersedes and cancels all prior understandings, representations and negotiations between the parties. It may be amended only by a document signed by both parties.